Teeth Whitening Near Me, Los Angeles CA
The aging process, your diet, and other lifestyle choices can discolor your teeth over time. Whiter teeth are associated with beauty, success, and good health. They also draw attention away from other features, giving you a more youthful and vibrant appearance.
Teeth whitening provides a fast and cost-effective way to get the smile of your dreams. It involves removing stains and discoloration to brighten your teeth and improve their appearance.
Why Do Your Teeth Change Color?
There are many reasons why few people have impeccably white teeth, including:
- Age – tooth enamel is naturally white, but it thins over time due to normal wear, allowing the yellowish dentin to show
- Fluorosis – teeth darkening due to excessive fluoride consumption
- Food and drink – tea, coffee, red wine, and other food items contain intense color pigments known as chromogens that bond to tooth enamel, causing discoloration
- Tobacco use – chewing and smoking tobacco exposes you to two chemicals responsible for creating stubborn stains: nicotine and tar
- Illness – early tooth decay or illness during tooth development can also cause spots on your teeth
- Medications – tooth discoloration can be a side effect of taking certain medications, like antihistamines and antipsychotics. Fetuses and babies may also be at risk of tooth discoloration of the adult teeth if exposed to antibiotics like doxycycline and tetracycline.
- Calculus – accumulated plaque can also reduce the sparkle of your teeth
Any of these reasons can lead you to find a dentist near you for teeth whitening.
Please keep in mind that teeth whitening is a cosmetic procedure that may help to improve your self-confidence, but to maintain the results for as long as possible, you must be prepared to uphold your dental hygiene by brushing and flossing properly, avoiding smoking, avoiding colored drinks that stain your teeth, drinking plenty of water, and getting professional cleaning twice a year.
Please schedule a consultation with your dentist to learn more about teeth whitening and other ways you can improve your smile.